The clients are becoming more digital and demanding every day. Since Raiffeisen Bank is a universal bank, we need to cater more and more to the digital young generation, used to doing everything online.Nobody wants to go into the bank anymore to open an account. The context of COVID-19 just added up to this need.
One other main challenges were the short timeline and regulations.
The second challenge was to bridge modern technologies with the legacy solutions the bank is using and still offer a smooth experience to users.
Third, we tried to find the perfect mix between the best user experience we could create, the very tight and regulated legal space, and all the legacy solutions used.
The project team consisted of almost 50 people, from the Project manager to the dedicated development resources, front-end, iOS / Android, architects, business analysts, and dedicated resources from the solution supplier, electronic signature supplier.
Biggest pain-point – NO Digital OnboardingOne other main challenges were the short timeline and regulations. The second challenge was to bridge modern technologies with the legacy solutions the bank is using and still offer a smooth experience to users.The regulatory part of onboarding in banking is inflexible, linear. The required steps to be accepted as a client need to match the existing physical process in-branch, and being the fact that the process is regulated, specific checks have to happen at particular times.
I started by analyzing the competition and our branches' physical onboarding process. At the same time, I started investigating what the solution provider could offer us in terms of functionalities and know-how, as we were using an external provider for this.
I also started by having regular stakeholder meetings to understand the business gaps, evaluate both suppliers, and discuss potential solutions in terms of the process and keeping close to the regulatory process. At the same stage, I started discussing with the marketing department and business colleagues to arrange user testing sessions with actual end-users, to test a clickable prototype.
We had a very clear sense of the technical landscape and already had personas from previous research and our customer segments. We knew the technical limitations and what we could do with the process to keep it compliant and matching regulatory requirements. We decided we had explicit assumptions about the expected process and the end-to-end journey and started mapping it. I used high-level wireframes to map the whole journey. Also, to get a better sense of specific steps – they will form the required data packages for users' progress.
The design was the central step of the project, as it served to test with the clients against various KPIs.We tested against branding, communication, ease of completion, users' adoption likeliness, time to complete, etc.We've had several iterations that addressed specific pain points of the users, and we also tested copy variations to see if they improve specific KPIs.